The idea of forming Chamber of Commerce for the Dayak Community was mooted during K. L Seminar held in April 2002, under the sponsorship of YB Tan Sri Bernard Dompok and YB Datuk Amar Leo Moggie and officiated by YAB. Dr. Mahathir.
The seminar discussed in detail the issue of the lack of participation by Dayak Bumiputra in the field of trade, commerce and industry despite 30 years of implementation of the New Economic Policy that was tasked to increase bumiputra participation in business.
It was suggested the Dayaks need to organize themselves properly in order to avail themselves of the opportunities offered by the government. Hence, Dayak Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI) was formed and was registered on the 11th day of January 2003.
DCCI MODUS OPERANDI
DCCI Secretariat members of staff:
1. Mr. Terence Temenggong Jayang, DCCI Executive Secretary
2. Mr. George Gawing, DCCI Operation Officer
3. Ms. Mabel Salin, Manager, DCCI Capacity Building Unit
4. Ms. Eleanor Edward, Administrative & IT Executive
5. Ms. Nancy Ngang, Administrative Assistant
All activities, events and programmes are supported by:
DCCI Panel of Advisors & Supreme Council Members and DCCI's various Portfolio Committees.