The forming of a chamber of commerce for the Dayak Community was initiated during a seminar in April 2002 which was jointly organised by Sarawak Dayak Graduates Association (SDGA) and Institute of Indigenous Economic Progress (INDEP), Sabah.
Among the crucial issues raised during the seminar was the lack of Bumiputera Dayak participation in the field of trade, commerce and industry despite 30 years of implementation of the New Economic Policy.
Hence, Dayak Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) was formed and registered on 11th July 2003.
DCCI Secretariat members of staff:
1. Mr. Terence Temenggong Jayang, DCCI Executive Secretary
2. Mr. George Gawing, DCCI Operation Officer
3. Ms. Mabel Salin, Manager, DCCI Capacity Building Unit
4. Ms. Eleanor Edward, Administrative & IT Executive
5. Ms. Nancy Ngang, Administrative Assistant
All activities, events and programmes are supported by:
DCCI Panel of Advisors & Supreme Council Members and DCCI's various Portfolio Committees.